Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Alas, the return of the perpetually sick


dear readers,

 my excuses for my absence are as follows :
  • the common cold
  • Christmas busyness
  • the really serious flu that's going around (did you know like 5 people have died from it? CRAZY!)
  • the stomach bug (I will never eat french fries again)
  • my dog ate my homework
That last one isn't true, but I really did spend the better part of the last month sick, which was not, as my little sisters would say, totally sic. I thought seriously about uploading something little even from my phone, but my laziness got the better of me. Then I made a new years resolution to myself (btw, B and I were both asleep before midnight because we are THAT cool) that I would post once ever two weeks. So here I am.

Truthfully, I was creeping facebook and ended up on a link to a different website for making blogs, then I started feeling really guilty for this blog halfway through making a new one. Feeling guilty for a blog, that's how exciting my life has been.

Anyways, here is a little update:

Santa Clause was great to us this year, putting us a whole lot closer to our trip to Italy next January, and Mrs.Clause was really good to Toby,  a brand new bed and a bone that lasted him almost a whole month (thanks go out to momsicle for that one).  Christmas came late for Miss Moto (as in this week), but I think she knows it was worth the wait, an awesome new cat tree!

The boys were obviously spoiled too! In a good way of course! The house seems full of trains now! After only a week away from R he was suddenly saying a buzzillion new words. He attempts to say "Jessie" now when prompted, which is less exciting than all the other amazing things he can now do. Like eat anything all by himself, and he can sign and say "More Please", which is crazy adorable. Although when hes saying "Up Please" and I can't pick him up I feel really bad. 
He has also taken to tantrums. He flops his whole body forwards and cries face first into the ground. I feel like this may make me a bad nanny, but at times I find it hilarious (when I get past how frustrating it is) and I may or may not take pictures of it. He has also realized that D gets pretty much all the attention there is to be given ( mostly because he demands it), and has decided this is not acceptable. So much fun.

On the other side of the ring, D is making incredible progress as well. Manners manners manners, he is getting so much better at using them. And time-outs come less often, and with a whole lot less fuss. After the first few days of getting back into our routine, he was like a little angel! But his sharing skills leave something to be desired.
 Today he was playing with cars on the floor and R picked up B's bear, to which he responded to using his most babylike voice to say "I wannnnttt myyy bearrrrr" (with a huge fake sad face)
I said " Your brother has the bear right now because you weren't playing with it, why don't you play with your cars?"
B got up, walked over to the toy box and held up a car and defiantly said " I play with R's car now, we share."
I know it sounds cute, but you could see he was just pushing me, to see if that would make me give him back his bear. I smiled sweetly and said sure.
He was grumpy for a bit after that.

Next week we adventure to the Museum of Civilization (which also includes what I'm told is a children's museum). Look forward to that update, I'm sure it will be a whole lot more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment